Best ever home cooked Buffalo Wings
If you like Buffalo Wings this will change your life. In fact, it will complete your life. We at Hand & Foot Remastered HQ have perfected the DIY Buffalo Wing and I’m going to share the secret with you. In return I just ask that you share this page with everyone you know. A small price to pay for a lifetime of happiness.
Please note cooking times and temperature are based on our air fryer and you will probably need to experiment with yours. Also, I will be sharing some of the exact equipment we use. We receive no compensation for sharing, we just love some equipment and ingredients that much.
You’re going to need a couple things.
- An air fryer. We have tried many of the big-name fryers and this one from NuWave is the best. In fact, we bought a second just to have in the event ours ever dies. https://www.nuwavenow.com/shop/brio-155qt
- Fire Salt from Calicutts. This is one of the key secrets to the recipe. https://www.calicutts.com/products/fire-salt-3
- Quality wings. We have found that the typical supermarket wings are so full of water they will never crisp up nicely. Don’t cheap out on them. Our preferred wings are from Butcher Box. https://www.butcherbox.com/
- Garlic press. We love, love, love everything we get from Dream Farm. https://dreamfarm.com/garject/
1 tbsp baking powder
1 ¼ tsp Calicutts Fire Salt
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic
2/3 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce. Not their Buffalo sauce, make sure it’s the original.
- Preheat fryer to 400 degrees.
- Mix baking powder, Fire Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a storage bag.
- Dry wings thoroughly with a paper towel and place in storage bag. Shake bag until they are fully coated.
- Place wings on your fryer’s tray or in the basket. Leave room for air to flow. You may need to cook in more than one batch, but fear not, cooked wings keep crispy in a bowl covered with foil.
- Fry wings for 22 minutes.
- When the final batch is almost done you have one more thing to do. If you do not know how to brown butter check out this tutorial from Sally’s Baking Recipes https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/how-to-brown-butter/. Now that you are a butter browning expert start the process with the unsalted butter. About two minutes after the butter melts and starts the browning process add the chopped or pressed garlic to the pan. Once the butter is browned stir in the Frank’s sauce to heat up and thicken the sauce a bit and to blend the flavors.
- Toss the wings in the sauce and serve
BONUS TIP: Instead of (yuck) celery or (preferred) carrots, serve your wings with fruit salad. Yes, I said fruit salad. The combination just works. Start with watermelon then add what grabs you.